The MITEY charter is a pledge for nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and other early years education settings across the UK.
Signing up to the charter is a great way for you to show that you value men’s potential to contribute positively to the care and education of young children, and are taking steps to bring them into the workforce.
These are the five points that make up the MITEY charter:
- We value men’s capacity to care for and educate children, both within families and as professionals
- We value the benefits to children of being educated and cared for by a diverse, mixed-gender early years workforce
- We acknowledge that early years education should benefit from the talents of all, so we are actively seeking to create a workforce that includes men, women and people with other gendered or non-gendered identities
- We are committed to removing the obstacles that stand in the way of a mixed-gender early years workforce, including low pay and status, limited career progression and gender-discriminatory treatment
- We view early years education as a critical context in which to address gender inequality and stereotypes, for the benefit of children and wider society.
To sign up to the charter, please do the following:
- Join our mailing list here
- Email Jeremy Davies at j (dot) davies (at) fatherhoodinstitute (dot) org, who will send you a printable PDF of the charter for you to display and add you to the list of MITEY charter signatories, which appears at the bottom of the website.