A note to jobseekers: all vacancies advertised here come from employers which are members of the MITEY network, and have signed up to the MITEY Charter. Whilst this offers no guarantee that your application will be successful, it does suggest they are interested, in principle, in employing male staff.
MITEY 005: Various roles with N Family Club
We believe that nursery is more than daycare – it’s the start of your child’s education, preparation for school, and the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
Working with early years expert Dr David Whitebread, we’ve developed a teaching philosophy based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that blends influences from Jerome Bruner, Reggio Emilia and Maria Montessori. It’s a nurturing environment where children can explore, learn and develop their interests through play.
Our outstanding early years educators build on children’s individual strengths and passions, setting a high standard for their learning and development. Each child receives a personalised approach that inspires them to become a purposeful, life-long learner. As part of our ambition to create London’s best nursery group we’ve also created the N Academy, supporting our team to pursue their own education and training to the highest level.
EARLY YEARS EDUCATORS/ NURSERY PRACTITIONERS
We give Educators the respect and value that they deserve; we pay the top salaries in the industry & look after you with leading holiday, sick pay and amazing benefits. We have fun at work and we care about you as an individual.
– £19-26K annual salary
– Performance related bonus of up to £875 per year + Ofsted Outstanding bonus
– Up to 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and 3 additional days over the Christmas period
– Funding & paid time off for Level 3 / EYTT/ EY Degrees/Forest School/Leadership training
– Promotion opportunities in a fast growing company
– Childcare discount 10%, rising to 25% when you become a nursery manager
– Enhanced maternity pay for both mums and dads
– 10 days full sick pay, 2 days leave for dependents leave & 5 days compassionate leave
– Paid overtime and training including 2 inset days per year
– Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years service
– Refer a friend bonus of £500 for existing and ex employees
– Free daily lunch, smoothie and coffee
– Annual clothing allowance of £100 (no uniform)
– Amazing wellbeing benefits including Headspace membership, massages, free counselling, 10% Classpass membership discount, hardship fund, staff suggestion bonus
– Brilliant team culture, parties and celebrations
What you will be doing
– Responsible for the delivery of our ‘learning through play’ educational ethos
– Innovating with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
– Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents
– Promoting child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
– Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
– Passionate about Education and making a difference to the lives of children
– Positive (always see the glass half full)
– Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
– A love for customer service (making people happy)
– High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
– Experience with children
– Either a relevant Early Years qualification or excited to start one with us.
We also have a vacancy for a NURSERY ROOM LEADER, based in Brixton. Find out more and apply here.
MITEY 004: Male apprenticeship programme
London Early Years Foundation is offering a male-only apprenticeship programme, starting in March 2020. The 12-18 month programme offers a salary of £12,000 to 16,000, plus other benefits.
LEYF is an award-winning social enterprise with 39 nurseries in the capital, and is one of the UK’s leading innovators on recruiting and retaining male staff.
Find out more and apply here.
MITEY 003: Deputy nursery manager
WonderWorks is a new start business, which aims to deliver childcare solutions to the film industry. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to come and join our new nursery as part of our leadership team, based at our fixed-nursery facility at Warner Bros Studios Leavesden (Watford).
Unique to our business however are the mobile nurseries we provide ‘on-set’ as major film productions travel around the UK on location. These are based on converted double-decker buses and are fully Ofsted approved with all the required facilities for up to 20 children.
Applicants for the Leavesden Deputy Manager position should hold a minimum full and relevant Level 3 qualification. This is a role that will have the potential for career progression, as we progress into a group of nurseries within the film industry.
Please indicate if you are interested in travelling as part of our mobile units when submitting your application. Thank you!
As a deputy manager, you will be:
- Leading the nursery practice at the child’s level, to ensure the highest quality of teaching to meet our own internal standards
- Acting as an exceptional role-model to staff, inspiring their practice
- Building strong relationships with our staff, children and families
- Able to build and maintain a strong working relationship with the nursery manager, and confidence in managing nursery practitioners
- Working with the manager to ensure all compliance matters are up to date
- Working with the manager to ensure all company admin processes are up to date and completed according to set deadlines
- Working with the manager to ensure the business needs of the nursery are understood, reviewed and monitored.
- In the absence of the manager, stepping up to be the responsible person in charge, managing the nursery site.
We are looking for staff who share our values of trust, kindness and respect.
If you wish to speak to our Childcare Manager, please call Marcus James on 07427115489, and we will be happy to have an informal discussion with you. You can apply through Indeed here.
We look forward to hearing from you. An enhanced DBS check & references will need to be sourced and need to meet our requirements for those successful at the interview stage.
MITEY 002: Early years educator
Kingswood Prep School is an IAPS Co-educational Boarding and Day School for pupils aged 9 months – 11 years, and is looking for an early years educator.
Our brand new provision for Early Years at ‘The Garden’ provides a happy and stimulating experience in which children from 9 months to 4 years can explore in a unique and secure setting.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who holds an appropriate childcare qualification and has experience of working in a pre-school or nursery setting to join the growing team. If you are able to demonstrate your motivation and passion for working in the early years foundation stage we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary which will be dependent on your qualifications and experience, staff benefits include free lunches and use of the school facilities, including the gym and swimming pool.
Further details and an application pack are available from the HR Department. Please email recruitment (at) kingswood.bath.sch.uk, or telephone 01225 734350.
Advert received 10 October 2019.
DO YOU HAVE A VACANCY TO ADVERTISE HERE?
Click here for more information