A note to jobseekers: all vacancies advertised here come from employers which are members of the MITEY network, and have signed up to the MITEY Charter. Whilst this offers no guarantee that your application will be successful, it does suggest they are interested, in principle, in employing male staff.
MITEY 009: Nursery educator, South London
Sowing & Growing Nursery and Preschool is looking for a nursery educator, for a salary of £17,000 – £22,000
Sowing and Growing Nursery and Preschool (S&G) is a new and exciting setting situated in the West Norwood/Dulwich area with a capacity of 60 children. Our approach sees children flourish in the heart of their own learning and within a language rich environment. We do this by working closely with families and our local community in order to provide the best possible start for children. We intentionally empower the Sowing and Growing team to successfully deliver the most crucial stage of development.
Our families have a high expectation of quality care and communication. This is achieved by recruiting the best staff who are committed to going the extra mile to support children. As an organisation, we are committed to supporting our team and their well-being.
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Nursery Educator. The person we are looking for should be a team player and someone who is passionate about making a positive contribution to lives of children in their early years. The role will be to help ensure all children receive high quality care, are kept safe and are provided with stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs within the rooms. Male applicants are strongly encouraged to apply in order to support the diversification of the nursery sector in which males are under-represented, but we will not discriminate against female applicants.
• A motivated people person, team player & a willing learner
• Solution focused & and committed to improve where possible
• Excellent spoken and written English as well as a strong communicator
• Reliable, honest and a person who conducts themselves with integrity
• Relevant Early Years Qualification, Level 2 or 3
• Passionate about childcare with expert understanding of the EYFS curriculum
• Fun with a sense of humor
• A desire to progress within the Early Years sector
• Competitive salary
• Competitive pension scheme
• Annual Bonus schemes
• £500 refer a friend bonus
• Value-driven nursery setting
• Paid training and qualifications opportunities
• 15% Childcare discount
• Strong transport links
• Fun staff socials
• 30 days annual leave
• Our very own nursery pets!
Your roles and responsibilities:
– Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents and families.
– Supporting your team.
– Taking responsibilities for the day-to-day care of all children within the room.
– Liaising with parents/carers as appropriate.
– Taking part in formal and informal team meetings within and after work hours.
-Modelling and always implementing the highest standards of Early Education practice.
– Facilitating a creative and innovative range of play and learning experiences, making full use of indoor and outdoor environments.
– Taking on ‘Key Person’ responsibilities including building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
– Ensuring the safety and well being of all children in your care resulting in total avoidance of preventable accidents and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction among all parents.
– Planning for the individual needs of each child is maintained to a high standard.
– Ensuring that the nursery remains clean and safe for all children and early years team.
– Understanding, implementing and moulding the nursery’s policies and procedures.
– Participating in professional development and training.
– Providing high quality care and activities for children.
– Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours.
– Preparing and serving food for snack time and drinks for children, encouraging good nutrition and sociable eating.
– Joining a small team within the room and working alongside them to ensure continuity of care.
MITEY 008: Set up as a self-employed childminder with tiney
tiney is empowering brilliant early years educators to solve the UK’s childcare crisis – change lives from your living room! The company is on a mission to find brilliant people – including men! – who share its dream of giving every child a quality Early Years education. You’ll learn how to start your own home nursery and be supported by tiney’s world class education training, guidance and community as you go.
What is a tiney childminder?
- An Ofsted-approved childminder. Caring for a small group of children in your own home, empowered by tiney’s all-in-one app that helps you create contracts, process payments, communicate with families, and track children’s learning – the first of its kind!
- An early years educator. Armed with world-class training, continuous professional development and a diverse but like-minded community.
- A self-employed entrepreneur. Running your own business and calling all the shots – but without the boring bits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting up your home to host up to 6 local children from ages 1-4
- Developing daily plans and activities that encourage learning through play
- Supporting the children’s development through readings, activities and exploration
- Preparing simple but nutritious meals
- Preparing your children to succeed in their future!
What you’ll need:
- You must be able to host up to six children in your own home
- Energy and enthusiasm to learn and be part of something new and exciting!
What you’ll get from tiney:
- Over £3,000 of value provided in your first year alone, including world class early years training (if you need it – if not you can fast track!)
- Ofsted approval, paediatric first aid, DBS update service
- Personalised business coaching, free marketing materials and step-by-step guidance to help you land your first customers
- 1:1 support from our team throughout your registration process
- Billing, contract and customer support once you’re working with families
- Lifetime access to a collaborative community of other tiney childminders
How to apply:
- Follow this link, scroll to the bottom and register your information. You will then be redirected to schedule an introductory call with one of our friendly recruitment advisors
- If you have any questions, email Chloe Nalbantian.
MITEY 007: Early years educator/ outdoor learning specialist
Outdoor Owls, a new outdoor nursery in Richmond, Surrey, is looking for a new early years educator with a passion for outdoor learning. For more details, see below:
We are looking for someone with ideally a level 3 childcare qualification to join our to work with a group of 28+ children each day. This is a great opportunity for someone with a serious passion for outdoor learning (and not afraid to get their hands dirty!) to join the team at its early stage. You will be working alongside expert and experienced outdoor educators within a modern management setting. We have a unique ethos and curriculum and aim to deliver an “owlstanding” child and parent experience.
- Responsibilities include:
- Providing care to children (emotional, hygiene and preparing food)
- Facilitating children’s learning, development and wellbeing
- Ensuring our safeguarding procedures are followed as well as following our health and safety routines
- Using our mobile app to record and administer child logbooks
- Building great parent rapport
- Involvement in planning learning days and coming up with ideas for new activities and experiences
The ideal candidate will be a general outdoor play enthusiast (interested in Forest Schooling methods); confident dealing with health & safety and safeguarding of children; well versed in all things EYFS; ideally have an Early Years Level 3 qualification (or above).
Our nursery operates 51 weeks of the year with children attending full days. The days typically begin and end at our indoor setting (near Richmond station). Our core learning setting is at our green space (or “basecamp” as we call it) which is walking distance away and we also go on adventures around the local community to bring new experiences to children e.g. elderly care home, libraries, parks & wildlife centres
- Innovative and ambitious nursery project – be part of an exciting movement and make positive change!
- Outdoors and community – huge opportunity to teach and develop children outdoors using forest schooling methods. Spend your own days outdoors in nature and fresh air!
- Passionate and professional team – you’ll be working with experienced professionals. We are passionate about our mission and have full confidence in our educators who are key to our success.
- Career growth and opportunities – we are looking for someone eager to learn from others around them. You will have opportunities to grow and develop with Outdoor Owls.
At Outdoor Owls you will be given a competitive salary and opportunities for bonuses.
Along with plenty of responsibility, you’ll receive: 28 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), heavily subsidised delicious warm lunches, professional development experiences and opportunities and other cool perks! We have some handy discounts for you too (oh, and of course you’ll receive some neat Outdoor Owls clothing & merch!).
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of something special for children in London, please share us your CV along with answering “why you think you would be a good fit for the position” and send us an email to “email@example.com”.
MITEY 006: Twelve apprenticeships at Kids Planet Day Nurseries
Kids Planet Day Nurseries, the third largest nursery provider in the UK, is actively looking for 12 male recruits to its Level 2 apprenticeship programme in Greater Manchester (men are also very welcome to apply for apprenticeships at other Kids Planet settings too!). To find out more about the Kids Planet Men in Childcare initiative, click here. It is part of a partnership project with MITEY, funded by Greater Manchester Combined Authority: find out more about the Removing Barriers to Apprenticeships scheme here.
MITEY 005: Various roles with N Family Club
We believe that nursery is more than daycare – it’s the start of your child’s education, preparation for school, and the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
Working with early years expert Dr David Whitebread, we’ve developed a teaching philosophy based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that blends influences from Jerome Bruner, Reggio Emilia and Maria Montessori. It’s a nurturing environment where children can explore, learn and develop their interests through play.
Our outstanding early years educators build on children’s individual strengths and passions, setting a high standard for their learning and development. Each child receives a personalised approach that inspires them to become a purposeful, life-long learner. As part of our ambition to create London’s best nursery group we’ve also created the N Academy, supporting our team to pursue their own education and training to the highest level.
EARLY YEARS EDUCATORS/ NURSERY PRACTITIONERS
We give Educators the respect and value that they deserve; we pay the top salaries in the industry & look after you with leading holiday, sick pay and amazing benefits. We have fun at work and we care about you as an individual.
– £19-26K annual salary
– Performance related bonus of up to £875 per year + Ofsted Outstanding bonus
– Up to 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and 3 additional days over the Christmas period
– Funding & paid time off for Level 3 / EYTT/ EY Degrees/Forest School/Leadership training
– Promotion opportunities in a fast growing company
– Childcare discount 10%, rising to 25% when you become a nursery manager
– Enhanced maternity pay for both mums and dads
– 10 days full sick pay, 2 days leave for dependents leave & 5 days compassionate leave
– Paid overtime and training including 2 inset days per year
– Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years service
– Refer a friend bonus of £500 for existing and ex employees
– Free daily lunch, smoothie and coffee
– Annual clothing allowance of £100 (no uniform)
– Amazing wellbeing benefits including Headspace membership, massages, free counselling, 10% Classpass membership discount, hardship fund, staff suggestion bonus
– Brilliant team culture, parties and celebrations
What you will be doing
– Responsible for the delivery of our ‘learning through play’ educational ethos
– Innovating with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
– Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents
– Promoting child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
– Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
– Passionate about Education and making a difference to the lives of children
– Positive (always see the glass half full)
– Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
– A love for customer service (making people happy)
– High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
– Experience with children
– Either a relevant Early Years qualification or excited to start one with us.
We also have a vacancy for a NURSERY ROOM LEADER, based in Brixton. Find out more and apply here.
MITEY 004: Male apprenticeship programme
London Early Years Foundation is offering a male-only apprenticeship programme, starting in March 2020. The 12-18 month programme offers a salary of £12,000 to 16,000, plus other benefits.
LEYF is an award-winning social enterprise with 39 nurseries in the capital, and is one of the UK’s leading innovators on recruiting and retaining male staff.
Find out more and apply here.
DO YOU HAVE A VACANCY TO ADVERTISE HERE?
Click here for more information